The New Aquatic Facility for South Broward High School, a public high school of the Broward County School District, was constructed to provide an aquatic facility for the school population as well as the surrounding community. Located in the City of Hollywood, the facility provides a much needed competitive aquatics facility for the public school system. The project is composed of a 4800 square foot Locker Room and Support Building, housing the locker and restrooms, showers, lifeguard offices, coach’s office, meet control room, storage, pool equipment room and meeting space. With the inclusion of the 20 feet by 40 feet teaching pool, life critical programming can take place at the facility, in a safe environment. Enlarged pool deck areas, with a minimum of 20 feet of clear deck space, accommodate athletes, students and spectators. Finally, the principal feature of this project, a combination competitive swimming pool and dive well is centrally located and complimented by strategically located, shade covered, bleachers. The main swimming pool is a 25 yard by 25 yard, 10 lane competition pool, designed to and constructed to accommodate swimming and water-polo events, while complying with SFHSA and NCAA requirements. The 28 feet by 38 feet dive well portion of the pool, hosts a platform mounted 1 meter springboard and provides 12 feet of deep water. Covered walkways and sports lighting were also included in the scope.
- Design/Build new Aquatic Facility for South Broward High School
- 75’ x 75’ Competition Pool with Dive Well 21’ x 38’, 25Y short course designed in accordance with NFHSA, NCAA & FDOH requirements, 10 swim lanes, pool deck 20’-30’ around the perimeter of the facility
- 20’ x 40’ Learn-to-Swim Pool
- Locker Room/Pool Support building with; restrooms, changing/shower rooms, lifeguard office, coach’s office, control room, storage, electrical room, meeting room, pool storage, pool equipment and pool equipment yard
- Site electric and pool deck lighting
- Landscaping & Irrigation